APPEND A SIGNATURE!
“BUILD THE FUTURE WITH ZERO ENERGY BUILDINGS”
CHANGE STARTS HERE!
WITH 2053 NET ZERO EMISSIONS TARGET
“BUILD THE FUTURE WITH ZERO ENERGY BUILDINGS” DECLARATION
Following the signing of the Paris Climate Agreement, with the determination of Net Zero Emission targets until 2053, a new era has been entered in Turkey's climate policies. In this period, it became imperative to accelerate the efforts to reach the targets and initiate a total transformation for the transition to 'Zero Energy Buildings' with regulations and incentives.
Apart from the responsibilities imposed by the Paris Climate Agreement, it was stated in the Eleventh Development Plan (2019-2023) announced by the Presidency of the Turkish Presidency of Strategy and Budget that more efficient and self-generating buildings will be expanded.
Thus, the transformation into 'Zero Energy Buildings', which is one of the solutions produced for a livable world and made mandatory in the EU as of January 1, 2021, has also been included in Turkey's action plans.
This declaration, prepared by ZeroBuild Summit'22 to point out the responsibility of all stakeholders in the subject, includes the approaches adopted by the signatories working on Zero Energy Buildings in order to take the necessary actions to reach the 2053 Net Zero Target.
The expectations of the stakeholders who signed the declaration from the Central Government are the development of national roadmaps for the decarbonization of the building sector until 2053 and the elimination of deficiencies in the legal regulations in this regard.
The signatories of this declaration agree to contribute to the strategic plan for new buildings to be Net Zero Energy Buildings by 2030 and all buildings to be Net Zero Energy Buildings by 2053, within the framework of the following actions:
1. Supporting the preparation of "Turkey's Roadmap for Zero Carbon Buildings"
2. To prepare / contribute to the preparation of strategic action plans
3. Develop incentive plans to popularize Zero Energy Buildings
4. Supporting the legislative work towards the Sustainable Development Goals and the 2053 Net Zero Target
5. Supporting the strategies and action plans to be prepared by central and local governments
6. To contribute to R&D, information and training activities with the stakeholders of the subject, especially universities, in order to develop new technologies, products and services related to Zero Energy Buildings.
7. To make periodic studies/reports on energy efficiency and emissions in buildings
8. To organize consumer-oriented trainings to raise awareness about Zero Energy Buildings and energy efficiency in buildings
9. To do communication studies about Zero Energy Buildings
10. Determining energy and CO2 emission reduction targets for buildings within the body of each institution and organization
11. Publishing the Sustainability Annual Reports annually
12. To focus on the production and development of materials in international standards for Zero Energy Buildings in the building sector